10 kW or less (Tier 1)
Renewable energy generators 10 kW or less (Tier 1)
Step by step instructions:
- Review CHELCO’s Net Metering Tariff and Interconnect Agreement to certify that the EGS equipment, its installation, its operation and its maintenance shall be in compliance with all the required standards.
- Once your system has been inspected by the county building department complete the net metering application and interconnect agreement and send to CHELCO’s marketing department (agreement must be signed by account holder).
- Submit non-refundable ($25.00 application fee, $50.00 connection fee) along with additional required documentation:
- Electrical one-line diagram and specification sheets for inverter, renewable energy source and other installed equipment, such as PV panels. (For non-inverter based renewable energy systems, the drawing must include the electrical and physical location of the visual manual load break disconnect switch, kVA rating, power factor and the member’s estimated fault current contribution at the point of interconnection.)
- Call CHELCO’s marketing department to arrange inspection of system and installation of programmed meter by CHELCO’s power quality department.
- Insurance requirements – Recommended (not required) $100,000.
*NOTE: CHELCO inspection of generation system is required prior to completing interconnection. Without properly programmed meter, energy intended as sold to CHELCO will appear on member’s billing as energy usage, billed to member with no way of separating used and sold energy.
Printable versions of Tier one documents: