If you are searching for a career with purpose, there are powerful careers at CHELCO! We're a member-owned electric cooperative, and we start each day proud to power our unique communities. Join a team with strong leadership, rich history, rising opportunities and a bright future.
If you are interested in one of our openings, you must complete an application. CHELCO only accepts applications when a vacancy exists. If we have multiple openings that interest you, please complete an application for each opening. Unsolicited applications or resumes will not be accepted. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified by the Human Resources & Training Team.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use our online application, you may contact 850-307-1127 or use the Contact HR form to request assistance from a CHELCO Human Resources & Training Team member.
Current CHELCO Openings: No Current Openings
CHELCO is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. CHELCO is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
We are excited you are interested in a career at CHELCO! To complete an application, click the job title under the Current Openings tab and you will be directed to the application website.
The application allows you to upload a resume and then asks you to fill in any information that was not pulled from the resume. A resume is not required and you can complete the application without uploading a resume. Any questions with a red asterisk must be answered.
The selection committee will contact those selected for an interview once the opening closes.
If you are interested more than one career opening, an application must be submitted for each opening you are interested in.
CHELCO is a not-for-profit electric distribution cooperative employing more than 170 people and serving more than 62,000 accounts in Walton, Okaloosa, Holmes and Santa Rosa counties in the panhandle of Florida.
Our employees have a vested interest in our cooperative values and share a commitment to providing a vital service to our members. Our employees are committed to customer service, integrity, and safety.
We are a team dedicated to a clear mission and vision. We know our work makes a difference for our neighbors and community. Join a cooperative with more than 75 years of service to the Florida Panhandle.
We know there are many ways to earn a paycheck, but some are more rewarding than others. Here are six reasons for you to consider joining the electric cooperative family.
1) A Paycheck with a Purpose. An electric co-op is a different kind of business. We're built and led by the members we serve, not some distant shareholder. While we provide the affordable, reliable energy critical to our community's health and prosperity, we do much more by creating new programs that meet the changing needs of our community.
2) We're Local. We serve our neighbors, family, and friends. Our members have a voice in how the co-op is run, and we make sustainable investments in the community we share. In addition, we support local businesses and organizations and create jobs and economic activity here at home.
3) We're Looking Ahead. Rapid advances in energy technologies and opportunities will change the way we use electricity. When you work at an electric cooperative, you are part of a team that creates innovative energy solutions for the people in our community.
4) We Put People First. We respect diversity and openness–it makes us stronger. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of professionalism and integrity while maintaining a close-knit, family-friendly working environment. Decisions are made locally by managers who know employees by name–not halfway across the country in an anonymous corporate headquarters where profit is the primary motivator.
5) We're Part of a Movement. When you work here, you're part of something bigger: Our diverse jobs require a variety of skill sets across all education levels. And while we're focused on our local community, you'll join and collaborate with a national network of nearly 900 cooperatives in 48 states.
6) We're Invested in You. We support your professional growth, development, and success with internal and external training opportunities. Co-op employees deliver a valuable service to our communities, and they're rewarded for that dedication with competitive pay, insurance and wellness plans, and outstanding retirement benefits.
We make the future brighter. Join the CHELCO team today!
Not only do we offer a family friendly work environment, we also provide the following benefits to our employees:
- Paid weekly
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending or Health Savings account
- Pension Plan
- 401k with company match
- Life insurance
- Short term/long term disability
- Education/Professional Development
- Wellness Program
- Generous Paid Time off and Volunteer Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 10 paid holidays a year
Cooperatives are committed to giving employees opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers. Whether you are looking to increase your skill set, advance in your job or change jobs, you can take advantage of a full range of distance learning and professional accreditation and certifications programs, as well as professional development programs.
CHELCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer in all employment practices, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race; religion; sex; sexual orientation and gender identity or expression; age; national origin; ancestry; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; disability; citizenship status; veteran or service member status; or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
It is also the policy of the Cooperative to take affirmative action to employ, and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of any characteristic protected by law and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. Applicants to and employees of this cooperative are protected under Federal law from discrimination on several bases. Follow the link below to find out more.
"Know your Rights”
EEO Know your Rights to the DOL site.)
URL is: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf
If you require assistance with the application process, please fill out the form or call 850-307-1127 to reach our Human Resource Office. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use our online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 850-307-1127 or use the Contact HR form below for assistance.